[RC] EHV-1 - Greenall

FYI - There has been a confirmed case of EHV-1 in CT, see the following.? The horse originated from a stable in Vermont.? I do not know if there is any connection with the Wellington outbreak.

Fairfield Veterinary Clinic, Fairfield, CT

Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Update:

We are pleased to announce that the horse in our hospital that developed a fever post-surgically and tested positive on a nasal swab for EHV-1 continues to recover nicely. He has not displayed any neurologic signs since the onset of his fever on December 24, 2006.

The remaining horses at our facility are still in good health and have not shown signs of EHV-1 infection. We have maintained contact with owners, trainers and stable managers for horses that were at our facility since the infected horse was admitted. None of these horses have displayed clinical signs consistent with EHV-1.

The advice of several prominent equine epidemiologists is being sought to determine the best course of action dealing with this virus into the future.

John and Sue Greenall
www.vermontel.com/~greenall