Re: [RC] [RC] Helmets . . . Again - Rosalie Marley

On 2/23/06, Cris Potmesil <camelot@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Most at the barn agree that it's a good thing for their kids to wear helmets but then don't buy one for them. But I know these same kids wear helmets and pads when rollerblading or skateboarding. Go figure.

People are going to do whatever they like and most won't change their minds due to the Bully Pulpit. I haven't checked yet today but I think we still have the right to make some decisions for ourselves, even if no one agrees with our choices. To some it is an acceptable risk, to others it is not. "Walk On, Stride On"

I always wear a helmet.  Now that I am in SW Nebraska instead of SoCal, I really stand out in a crowd!  I was asked to ride in a local parade, so I showed up with my endurance saddle and helmet.  The horse and I got 2nd place!  (of about a dozen horses)  And here I thought they wouldn't like me :-)

I figure my actions might encourge people who are thinking about getting a helmet, but heck, I sure can't tell them what to do.

Rosalie