Re: [RC] Helmets . . . Again - Cris Potmesil

> I still have it...I show it to people who don't like wearing helmets.

Likewise I show the dent in the arena wall where my horse put my helmeted head a year ago. They are very glad, as was the barn owner, that I wear a helmet. Haven't convinced anyone yet, not even the barn owner, to join me. One rider complains of "helmet hair" if she starts wearing a helmet. I tell her it looks better than having her skull caved in. Most at the barn agree that it's a good thing for their kids to wear helmets but then don't buy one for them. But I know these same kids wear helmets and pads when rollerblading or skateboarding. Go figure.

People are going to do whatever they like and most won't change their minds due to the Bully Pulpit. I haven't checked yet today but I think we still have the right to make some decisions for ourselves, even if no one agrees with our choices. To some it is an acceptable risk, to others it is not. "Walk On, Stride On"

Cris & Panache
Robinson, IL