Re: [RC] GPS Time and Distance Watch - roxanne kopp

I've had the Timex speed/distance watch for three years and love it.  It is a basic unit and does not give directions/maps but for someone who just wants to know how fast they are going at different gaits, how far they have gone or just see the average speed over distance it is great.  I have used it to measure my most common loops here on the home trails.  I have used it to gauge just how fast my horses walk, slow trot, medium trot, fast trot, etc., so I have an idea now of how much ground we are covering.  It will also tell you your maximun speed at any given point in your ride so you can see top speed.  The timer/chronograph function will give total time on trail....anyway, I like mine.  The actual receiver is fairly small and I just strap it around my upper arm and haven't had any problems getting signals.  Mine came with extra batteries for the watch part and I may have changed them once.  The receiver unit takes AAA size batteries.  It was perfect for my purposes - I tend to ride the same trails and just really wanted to know how fast and how far.

Roxanne/Kentucky