[RC] endurance riders..... - Karen Everhart

It is disheartening to read this thread.  Sad, too! Especially for Carla and her hubby and others who might have endured thoughtless and even cruel behavior.

I think we need to remove any and all references to a specific group, i.e.. "endurance riders, or NATRC riders", etc.  What we need to put in place of those references is the words "human beings".  Regardless of whether they ride 50's or CTR's, folks can be just down right nasty at times!  It is shameful and unacceptable, in my book!!

So, whether I identify myself with endurance or enjoy the aspects of competitive trail, I have a responsibility to behave in a positive and compassionate fashion AT ALL TIMES!!!!!!!  PERIOD!!!

I suspect that 98.5% of all people riding CTR's, LD's, 50's, 100's or just pleasure riding, would give you the shirt off their backs if you needed it!  As for the other 1.5%, I figure what goes around comes around.......and one day a light bulb moment will occur for them, or they will die first.

If you see me on the trail and I fail to meet my personal behavior expectation, you have my permission to hold me accountable; in a positive and compassionate fashion:-)

Karen Everhart MEd.
President- Rainbow Meadows Equine Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
email: President@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com

Owner/Operator Horse Calls LLC
Training, Centered Riding Lessons
CTR and Endurance Conditioning and Training
email: HorseCalls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.horsecalls.com

620-725-3402
316-648-5082