[RC] re: endurance riders aloof? I don't think so - melanie . o

Not only are all the riders I've met at endurance rides VERY friendly, but the volunteers & crew are too!
I was kicked by a horse at a vet check once and I've never received such thorough and compassionate care; from taking care of my horse to getting me cleaned, bandaged, iced, & fed, to getting my rig hitched, my panels taken down, and horse loaded.  I even had an offer to drive me home (3 hrs.) but I thought I could do that on my own--just had to sit there and steer.  Or so I thought.  I ended up losing a tire on that trip!

Then there was the time that a fellow rider's husband/Crew took better care of me at the vet check than my own SO who was asleep in the truck!  I tried to make a trade that day, but fellow rider (whom I had never even met before) knew she had a good thing.   >;->

mel