[RC] LD Ideas - appleg8

From: Don Huston <donhuston@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   LD Ideas

Hello Amber,
I like LD rides, I have used them to start my last 4 horses, I have
used them to re-start 2 injured horses, I have used them to ride with
my wife 5-6 times just for fun and I have always known my finish
times (ride times) because I look at my watch. The only reason to
post every else's finish time is to establish finishing placement
based on ride time as if you were in a race.

Oh Really?? Sez who? YOU? So you are proclaiming the ONLY reason to post ride times is to establish placement if you are in a race.

Golly gosh gee whiz. I am so glad you enlightened me Don. Funny I always like to use my finish times even when I come in last place, which has been on more than one occasion as a learning tool. And sorry, but I don't have such a grand memory as you do Don that as seasons go by I can just remember what my finish time was on that particular horse. That is what the AERC board is put up there for and kept there over all the years for...at least in my feeble thinking, but you have certainly shown me the errors of my ways.

 At this particular point
in time LD's are not races they are entry level, training, whatever,
not races so not posting finish times fits perfectly with
the  current definition of LD.

LD's are WHATEVER?  ok. So would you please send me the current DEFINITION of LD according to the AERC manuals? I really need to bone up on this. Ok too, if NOT posting finish times fits in perfectly (according to your perspective) with the "current definition" as you state, then fine and dandy. Make this a STANDARDIZED RULE in the AERC book on LD Rules to NOT put finish times at any ride anywhere in the United States.  That way those of us that are so used to having our finish times posted on the AERC board and like it this way will not be so disappointed when we go to a ride that chooses not to post them. All I want is it to be a standard rule throughout AERC, not a RM making this decision.

 Somewhere in the archives is a post
pointing out the results of a study by ??? that gave medical evidence
showing horses do not go into "endurance mode" until after 30-35
miles of riding. So even if LD's are elevated to "race status" they
will still not be an "endurance race" but just another horse race
which is not at all what AERC supports....so.... one more reason to
be careful what you

What in the sam hill does this have to do with anything I am talking about? GADS. Don't give me your medical evidence along with your definition of WHATEVER Don. What do you mean one more reason to be careful what you wish for?? Holy cow, this is absurd.

Ok R-E-A-D this one more time. Revise the LD rules. Make it either way, post finish times or not...but standardize it so all regions are doing the same dang thing. Take a darn poll of LD riders see what they would like to see on that AERC board that has that little box for finish times for LD riders. Why in the heck is it even there in the first place?

And while you are at it Don, I suppose it is just ducky with you when RM just randomly picks a finish time out of the air for any rider if they can't find the riders vet card? Is that ok too? It happened to me and I didn't think it was fair, but shoot AERC didn't think it was a problem either so I must be sane.

I ain't wishing for a damn thing but to have the rules apply to all the same way.

Silly me...
amber