[RC] NAIS What it will means to you - Gloria Adams

 Maryanne Gabbani is right:Rats are far more likely to carry many of the diseases that Carla listed and I don't see any rush to keep track of them. Sounds like someone got a bright idea that really isn't as far as I can see.”

What this NAIS means (& I got this info from a board member of my state Horseman’s Assn), it that every single little gymkhana, big & little endurance rides, NATRC, rodeos, horse shows, Friday night Team pennings, group horseback riding lessons, etc will have to scan each & every horse that comes on the property each & every time.

This will raise the cost of these events, especially for little community events (ie: kids gymkhanas that have $5 entry fees) that operate on a shoestring (what group can afford a scanner too?), & they will cease to exist for many.

This also means every time you sell a horse (ie: not big commercial horse sellers, but a backyard person that sells 1 horse), you are going to have to find someone with a scanner to get that horse off your property too.

I think this is a bad idea.

My two cents.