[RC] switching to bit - karen coombes

Last week I bought the book, “A Whole Bit Better”, by Dale, Ron and Bob Myler, of Myler bit fame.  EXCELLENT!!!  This book explains how each part of the bit works on the horse (cheeks, shanks, ports, etc – all explained).  It also explains how to evaluate your horse’s mouth for bit fitting (shape of bars, thickness of tongue, etc).  They use a system of graduating bit use as the horse progresses through the levels of training.  The ultimate goal is to use the mildest bit possible.  They also emphasize that the riders’ hands, as well as the individual horse, are determining factors in bit selection. Worth every cent of the $12.95 it cost me.

Karen, in Texas