Re: [RC] FEI rule against owners in crewing area - John Teeter

> You're joking, right?  I said GOOD reason.

Yes - just joking. But I think the OC would like to avoid a scene line the following:

http://www.endurance.net/2004wec/gallery/TheFinishP/pages/IMG_0253.html

At the finish of the last WEC, the crewing and vetting areas were completely out of control - one couldn't even see the horses in the crowd. I'm guessing that, given the controversy of the last championship, the German attention to detail, and the desire to not overwhelm their facilities; that a crowd control rule is a good idea.

They just didn't figure on the endurance horses being owned by crew members is all.

jt.

(keep in mind too that at a WEG, endurance is not the main course - it's the appetizer at this one.)