[RC] Physics of Weight.....All Wrong - Don Huston

I have read and enjoyed all these posts on physics and weight but am sorry to report that all of you are at least half wrong with the exception of my hero Cannon Ball Bruce who is about to be sent down the proverbial vacuum tube by his nemeses Kat The Feather. You all forgot that Newton (or whoever) proved that weight doesn't matter. So to refresh your memories I'm racing a cannon ball (heavyweight) and a feather (lightweight) down a vacuum tube....yep there they go neck and neck all the way so weight does not matter....Whoa, crud the cannon ball just stopped at the bottom and smashed everything while the feather just lays there....okay that means that weight still does not matter because they both tied the race but the sudden stop sure caused a problem, yeah that's it, weight does not matter unless you have to stop. Okay now I have to pick up this cannon ball and clean up the broken glass....Wow, dang I strained my back but all I did was pick it up... up...I got it... that's it....weight does not matter as long as you don't have to stop it or lift it up at all. I wonder what kind of a race there is where they never have to stop and also stay kind of level so there's no up or down? Hmmm, anyway there are lots of stops and ups (downs and starts are just different types of stops right?) on endurance rides so even tho weight does not matter there is something that matters a lot more to cannon balls than to feathers when they have to stop or go up and I have the broken glass and sore back to prove it. Now if you think my didactic reasoning is a little vitiable you better keep it to yourself or my horse will step on your foot and prove to you once and for all that weight really does matter. :-D
Don Huston who never ever had this much fun with physics before