[RC] Question on Mounted Posse/Endurance - Diana Hiiesalu

I have a question that I thought someone might be able to have some input on.
I have an 8 yr old arab who is in training now to be broke. I bred him and he has a wonderful mind, calm and thoughtful. I've been busy with my life, but things changed drastically so now he's getting trained. I originally wanted to ride him in endurance, but for the time being, have signed up as a volunteer for the sheriff's posse in my area. Ali'i will have to pass a 40 hour sensory training course, which will be starting in Jan. but soon, I will start taking him to general training events with the posse.

My question is: or I'm thinking more of a comment from another volunteer, who has been involved with the posse over 20 years. She said she doesn't know any endurance horse that has made a good posse horse, that they are too ready to go all the time. I'd like to think it really is just a matter of training, that your horse is either trained or he isn't. Since I'm starting with the posse training first, I figure he will have that down well before I get to conditioning for endurance. I have another arab who I think would also be a great posse horse, and I rode him in a 50 and did quite well with him. He's lazy for the most part, but during the race, lazy is not a word I would have described him. Anyway, I'd love to hear comments and/or experiences related to this.

Thanks in advance.
(I am on digest form)
Diana Hiiesalu Bain