RE: [RC] Liability $$$ issue - Tracey Lomax

Not sure about American law but English and SA law has a principle of volenti non fit iniuria which says that when you undertake an inherently dangerous job, you can hardly bitch if you get hurt!!

I’d suggest HE approach HIS insurance company, he should have PI cover for this.

Honestly!!? My fiancé (also a farrier) was in ICU for five days and high care for another five after getting kicked by a client’s horse last year.? Similar circumstances as it happened when he was CATCHING the horse, not shoeing it, and he’s not paid to catch, but to shoe.? We haven’t sued the owner : it’s the nature of the job.

And he’s engaged to a lawyer, which would have made litigation so much easier.

Tell your farrier to get a grip.