Re: [RC] Liability $$$ issue - Sisu West Ranch

Like everything else things vary from state to state and case to case.

Inspite of my better judgement, I have undertaken the job of Water Commissioner for the lake share irrigation water on my creek this year.  Under Montana law, even though I am not being paid, it is specifically required that I have workman's compensation insurance and that the people I am distributing water for pay for the insurance.

I hope that I will have a relatively stress free irrigation season.  So far, and the actual work doesn't start till August 1, I have only received one very irate phone call.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875