Re: [RC] 100 milers - Jon . Linderman

I wonder if the get it quick type of society has anything to do with it.  Email, dub dub dub dot, cell phones, fast food.  Quite the contrary to the patience needed for human or equine ultradistance.  I've done only two 100's, this past year, so I don't count myself an expert by any means, BUT they are by FAR my most cherished memories in endurance & I am eaqer for more. Yes things went bump in the night, but I had done some ultradistance cycling and was somewhat prepared for the weirdness of the night & that it was going to be a long slow haul all day long.  I am not a patient man, so the biggest demon was within. I had far more personal success in cycling , but cherish the work with my horse far more than personal success in the past.  I have to take care of him, attend to his needs, work WITH him, look after myself & personally the fact that things are going to be difficult is what appeals to me.  I could care less about any reward other than a completion & having to work all day to get that completion was just wonderful.  Looking looking looking for 100's near me for '06 so Vets & RM's be forewarned, I will be out there late so bring your coffee pot & please put out the glow sticks.

Jon