Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Snakebite

not drugs but keeping two, 6 inch lengths of good garden hose in your first aid kit is a good idea if you are in a snakey area,  as weird as this sounded to me when I first heard about it, it works,       if your horse is bitten and there is swelling, you put the garden hose up those nostrils and it keeps them from swelling shut, if there isn't enough swelling to hold them in, you don't need them, they just fall out when the swelling goes down. and at camp... you can shoot HUGE spit wads with them :o) , but then, i camp with teenagers
april
byhalia