Re: [RC] Snakebite - DESERTRYDR1

We were riding out in the hills about 7 miles from the trail head when I had to go.  Got off my horse and went over in the tall grass, did my thing, and as I started to stand up to pull things back together, I heard that heart-stopping rattle.  About one foot away, but I couldn't tell where.  I said a kind word to the snake, then got out of there as quick as I thought safe.

I told my riding partner that she probably aughta find another place if she had to go; she didn't and we climbed back on the horses and rode on down to the trailhead.  Had a great ride.

That night I laid in bed in a cold sweat trying to figure out what I would have done if I had got bit.  Certainly was NOT gonna convince my friend to suck out the poison.  It was at least an hour back to the trailers, and if she had left me there and then driven back up to find me, it would have taken at least 2 or 3 hours.

I truly believe that snake didn't bite me because it knew I like snakes in general, and meant it no harm.  But the very thought of the whole incident brings back that cold sweat.  jeri