Re: [RC] OT--? for vets or breeders contracted foal - DESERTRYDR1

My 15.1H Anglo-Arab mare had a colt on April 14.  He was fairly big--40" tall at birth and about a week late.  He was somewhat contracted in front, as in bucked knees.  His pasterns don't seem contracted.  He runs and plays like crazy.

When I took a picture of him to the Stallion owner, Nancy, she was concerned that he was still contracted at three weeks.  I don't know if it's a problem.  She's had dozens of foals, and her concern made me concerned.

The foal books I've read say they'll grow out of it, but at what point should they have straightened up, and at what point should you have the vet out to look.  The vet was out to see him at 12 days, and didn't say anything at all about his front legs.  The chiropractor, (small animal vet mainly) was out a few days later and also didn't say anything.

So, Heidi, Bette, and all of you who have seen more babies than me, at what point should I be concerned and have a vet out specifically for that issue?

The other issue is one breeder (Andalusians) says the latest research says limit activity when the foal is contracted, and Nancy says turn him out as much as possible to run and play.  Opinions?  TIA jeri