Re: [RC] collection question - Chris Paus

It depends on the horse, the shape of his mouth and his palate. I've got one horse I ride in a 3 piece snaffle, my main horse.  I've got another horse who was thoughtlessly started in a very poor fitting tom thumb bit... as a result, this horse gets very nervous and upset with any kind of snaffle. He goes happily in a low ported kimberwicke. I had my young mare in a 3 piece snaffle, but she responds a lot better with a simple stainless steel eggbutt snaffle (regular one joint snaffle)

chris

gingerodgers@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I believe in, and have been told by serious dressage trainers, that a simple three piece snaffle is the way to go. This is, ofcourse, for serious dressage riders. Not sure about endurance.

Ginger