Re: [RC] train your horse to love bikes - MtnRondi

A friend and I were part of a mounted patrol unit for our local State Park. Our horses were used to bikes and the equestrians and cyclists all got along in that park. The speed limit for the bicycle riders was 15 mph. Sometimes we would have to remind them to slow down.

One day we were riding on a road and a bike rider came around a blind curve at top speed, riding straight at us. Our horses whirled and bolted and took off running as fast as they could. We could not stop them and I looked over my shoulder and the bike rider was pedaling as fast as he could, right behind us. I screamed at him to stop and he finally got the message. When he stopped, we could get stopped. Our hearts were pounding and we really gave the guy a lecture. He never said a word and just rode off.  Sometimes the bike riders just don't get it.

Bonnie
So. Calif.