[RC] Ride and Gun - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Howard Bramhall howard9732@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Rob:

Loved your idea of the Ride and Fish.  I have another.  Ride, Golf and Gun.
RG&G, as the local Hillbillies call it, kinda goes like this.  The game takes
two humans, one horse, one shot gun, double aught buck shot, lotsa golf balls
(I'll explain why you need a lot of them as I go along here), and, of course a
driver.  Also, T's for the balls are recommended.

Player one is the golfer.  He T's up the ball.  Player number two is on
horseback, with a shotgun fully loaded.  Only one shot per stroke, please.
Player number one T's off; as soon as the ball is in the air, Player number two
charges towards the airborne golf ball on his trusty steed and fires his shot
gun while his horse is in a full gallop.  A full gallop must be achieved for
the shot to count.  Player number two can fire at the golf ball anytime before
the ball strikes the ground.

If Player number two hits the golf ball with the buck shot (bird shot may also
be used but it doesn't go as far) then Player number two gets one point.  If,
he misses, then, the ball's position is marked and the players reverse roles.
If player number two, now the golfer, has the same success as player number one
did (meaning the other guy didn't hit the golf ball with the buck shot), then
the player whose ball went the furthest gets a point.

This game can go on and on for as long as the shine holds out.  There are many
benefits to this type of sport.  For one, it can be gambled upon safely.  This
is a good thing cause, unlike cock fighting, RG&G doesn't get any "save the
Fowl" do gooder a reason to call the law.  Number two, it is a really great way
to despook any horse.  Number three reason is nobody but me and Hunter Thompson
ever thought of such a unique way of having fun and since Hunter is recently
deceased (suicide) I now get all the credit for it.

NOw, please, only do this when driving.  We tried it once with putting and one
of the players got seriously injured. This poor fella can still T it off really
well with only one arm but I don't think his heart is in the game as much as it
once was.  I will admit he looks quite a bit like John Wayne in "True Grit"
when he fires at the golf ball with his one arm holding the shot gun and the
reins in his teeth.  He'll only play you if you give him a two stroke
advantage, since the accident.

Take it from hours and hours of my personal experience with RG&G, just driving,
shooting, and riding is the safest way to play this sport. Leave the putting to
the limited distance riders and lowly putt-putt golfers. And, also, don't
forget to wear your riding helmet.

cya,
Howard (golfing can be as cool as fishin if you know how to shoot)

I've read about the (Ride and Tie). It sounds hard. Does anyone put on, or plan
to put on a (Ride and Fish). 1/2 endurance and 1/2 bass fishing. One team member
rides 12.5 miles around the lake while the others team member goes fishing. They
trade of every 12.5 miles. The winner is decided by ride time minutes minus
total inches of bass caught. If someone puts one on, I'll give it a try.

Rob