From: "Bruce Weary" < bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx >
To: "Ridecamp" < ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Back Pain

> Exercise (and the literature
> says good ol' walking is still the best) that gently "jars" your bones
> will tell the body to fortify those old bones.
Bruce - I have known for a long time that moderate weight bearing exercise helps bone density [balanced between wear & tear on other joints from impact of WB exercise. What about riding - specifically endurance riding where you 2-point a great deal?

 If you have back pain,
> and are also told you have scoliosis, look further for the cause of your
> pain.
I was told I had mild scoliosis in middle school - they "tested" all school kids for it. I just remembered that so youc an see how much impact it's had on me.

>   I don't want to overstay my welcome here. I hope this answers some
> questions.   Bruce Weary
I appreciate the dialog!
Kristen in TX