Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:59 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] Good Dog

Gosh - picking a dog is as personal as choosing a husband.  My mother says that when I was a child I had the AKC breed book out and claimed that I wanted one of everything, and I've come pretty close.  We often have 5 or 6 dogs at a time, each a different breed - kept the first husband.

My favorite of all these dogs was a greyhound.  I absolutely loved that dog - she was beautiful, short-haired, gentle natured, fast on her feet - the best dog ever!

But our adult daughter has a golden retriever who has been a terrific no-trouble dog.  She's been to a couple of the rides this season, perfect manners, no barking, another excellent dog.

Ask me about:  standard poodles, komondor, borzoi, labs, irish setter, tiny poodle, boston terrier, whippet, weimeraner, australian shepherds, blue heeler, peek-a-poo, chihuahua, doxie cross, pugs.

Nancy Sturm, still working my way through that book