[RC] Help! Now not only is my chestnut mare turning into Pinto-- but alsomy bay mare! - Bette Lamore

Help! Anyone ever heard of this before? Now my bay mare is also getting gray splotches on her legs. My normal vet is in Mongolia now on a mission-- anyone else who can shed some light on this?
Here is info I gave last post: ooops doesn't show that my message ever got sent-- what I meant to send was that my horses are getting 2 meals of very rich forage mix/day and are fat and shiny (probably the shine comes from the sweet almonds they scarf from the almond orchard, although it looks like the trees have been picked clean for some time now--- I can always tell when they are gone when my horses stop looking so much like 9 month pregnant mares-- and half of them are geldings :-)
Anyway, my chestnut mare that has the most is 22 and my bay mare is 19. I'd say it was menopause (that gets blamed for anything anyway) but the bay mare just foaled Sunday night (BTW-- gorgeous huge bay colt!-- out of my First Class daughter and by Riverdance so of course he has to be named First Class Dancer-- but then, it is up to my client who leased my mare :-) ) I have never had horses in their 20's splotch out like this before. The chestnut has big spots- some are 3-4 inch in diameter. Both mares seem to be really healthy. There are no spots on the bodies-- just the legs. Anyone?? Susan? Could it be something dietary. We are on a well. Could it be something in the water? We have been feeding this forage mix for 3 years now-- our neighbor grows it and he is retired so it is his paying hobby so he puts much research into the best time to cut the crop etc. It is 2 kinds of oat-- beardless barley and wheat. He cuts and crimps it when the sugar has risen all the way to the top! There are never any stems left in the feeders-- they lick everything clean.
Thanks for any light on the subject!
PS --
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians
Home of Bunny and 16.2h TLA Halynov
who lives on through his legacy Hal's Riverdance!
http://www.arabiansporthorse.com

"Life is not  a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what
a ride !! "