[RC] [RC] Endurance Futurity? - rides2far - KYielding

We just had a 50 mile endurance futurity at Klickitat Trek in Washington.  It's called Quadra Crown and is backed by NW Arabian Race horse breeders.  I don't remember the exact name of the club.  I would suggest that all entrants be judged at the end as if they were going for BC instead of just at the end of the ride.  Come back an hour later and prove you are fit to continue.  It might help turn racers into riders.

My mare was eligible so we entered this year with my neighbor riding.  We were 2nd and did show for BC for the 50 mile as she came in 6th.  I think if you are going to win a pot of bucks like that you darn well better not run the legs off your horse.

Kathleen