Re: [RC] Pregnancy and riding - Tiffany D'Virgilio

Absolutely! It's another one of those things where you do what is right for you. I don't care if you ride pregnant, barefoot, Natrc, whatever. You only have to please yourself. I'm sure many people at the stable thought I was an idiot for riding, but my Morab mare during my first was so solid and my Arab mare and I take care of each other, so I felt safe.
The childcare thing-and this is totally endurance related-is tough. I gave up competition for years after my kids were born. I was breastfeeding, and then got pregnant again, so for 4 years I was either pregnant or nursing. Then the kids were too little to leave. I guess I did my first 50 when my son was 3, and it has gotten easier, but problems still crop up. My hubby travels and when he is touring, I either have to beg my mom or not go. I figure I have the rest of my life to ride, but my kiddos are only small once. I also only go to rides within a two hour drive so I can get home the night of the ride in most cases. Now that they are both in school I finally have the proper time to condition, but fitting everything in when you have small ones is a challenge, but worth it on both ends.
Tiffany