Re: [RC] Pregnancy and riding - KeepsakeFarms

I'm sure many people at the stable
thought I was an idiot for riding,
Out of interest last time I saw my gynecologist, who is also an obstetrician, I asked her if I decide to get preggy, how long would I be allowed to ride.  (I do have a little pull with her, esp. since she owns and rides horses as well)

Her response was that as long as I could mount without help, riding would be safe and, actually beneficial.  She did say that later in the pregnancy, though, I would probably CHOOSE not to ride due to the fact that the belly will not move with my body making it uncomfortable.  So, I guess that will make me have to do a lot more walking.  I just can't imagine CHOOSING not to ride. hehe

Linda and Shennandoah
NO I AM NOT PREGNANT, and Shenn appreciates that fact.