Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 6:16 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Horse Welfare Committee Reports

I think there are some privacy issues involved here. I don't think anything is added by knowing who owned the horse or who rode the horse or what ride it was. We need to address horse welfare issues but we also need to keep from turning it into a lynch mob mentality. I've been one of the biggest critics of the HWC but I think they struck a fair balance in this report in reporting the facts but also not sensationalizing the issue. I though Jim Mitchell's report was a good one.

Truman

"That said, I'm still looking for RIDE information on each of the horse deaths.  Until I see that, IMHO, the "report" is incomplete."