[RC] Vaccinations Reations - Roger Rittenhouse

Hello Ridecamp,

 Well I see I am not the only one with problems due to the FT DODGE
 vac.
 I should know better, but I bought the EWE/Tet  vac from my vet this
 time. INSTEAD of going to Jeffers and getting the INVERVET brand.

 I gave the shot on SAT..

 I do not ever give the 5 way.. or any flu ..
 I normally never give the EWE with Tetanus  but my vet said that the
 Ft Dodge carrier was improved.. yeah right.
 5 out of 6 horses with  fluid in the pectals.. at least I did not
 give it in the neck.
 One  shows no reaction, one is just a small area about lemon size and
 the others are baseball to orange size soft filled areas. My mare
 has it down lower in the tissue.. it sort of moved today..very full
 but not hard.

 All are still eating and moving well. But the sites and swelling
 area are hot and sore.
 I will call him tomorrow and discuss..

 Problem is we leave WED for AERC..

 So I assume a good abscess could form? May require a lancing?

 I had problems with Ft Dodge before - very sore and filled neck
 area. So this time I felt all would be ok with the pectal area.
 WRONG!

 I have given the West Nile -   from FTD and had no problems. Also
 did the EPM  from FTD and had no problems

 I sure hope things look better tomorrow..
 I will not do this again next year..I will use ANY other mfgr BUT
   FORT DODGE

--
Roger                          mailto:roger@xxxxxxxxxxx

Why should I look good if I don`t smell good?
~  author unknown