Re: [RC] Team riding - heidi

What about having set "teams" for one ride season at a time.  Sort of
like the family award or the Husband and Wife, but it could be 4
unrelated but designated people.  Maybe if we got a sponsor for this,
AERC wouldn't even be out the $$ for it!

We could even have people ride on the same "team" who have never met in
person, only on the internet.!

I love the idea of "teams".  Be it on a single ride or otherwise.

Anyone else?

We already do this in PNER--except we have up to 15 people on a team, and
they can accumulate points at any distance at any PNER event as long as
they complete three team members at that distance.  (So a REALLY well
organized team will have people who want to do LDs, people who want to do
middle distances, and people who do longer distances--and at a ride with a
25, 50, 75, and 100 could conceivably garner points at all four distances
to really rack 'em up.)  Some of our teams are really serious about their
points and plan their seasons around the team competition.  Other teams
are just a bunch of friends that tend to go to the same rides, and who
have a theme and have fun with their names ("Men in Tights", "Idaho
Spuds", etc.)...

Heidi

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse`s ears.
~  Arabian Proverb