From: bagot@xxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC]   Team riding
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 09:22:15 -0600

I think it would be great if endurance rides would offer team awards
in addition to individual prizes.  I ride in the Midwest and I have
never been to a ride that offered any team awards, but then I only go
to a handful of rides each year.  Besides the camaraderie, it would
enable more people to learn the strategy and tactics of team riding.
This in turn could lead to better performance at the 'big' rides for
people who are interested in that.  Riding as a team would allow
multiple riders to watch for and be concerned with the welfare of all
of the horses on their team.  Riding as teams could often bring more
entries to a ride as each of us could encourage our other 'team
members' to join us at rides.   Besides all these benefits, I think
it would just be a whole lot of fun, too.
Lucy Bagot

Becky and the gang

taking your non-horsey family to a ridecamp with you!
~ Heidi Sowards