Re: [RC] Jack Russell Terrors - Harrytmdh

OOOOOO.. please dont do that to yourself.. I have been
in purebred dogs for over 30 years, and the JR are the
hardest to live with!!! Oh trust me on this one!
BEFORE BUYING from any breeder, might i suggest you
contact some JR RESCUES. they are online now adays and
talk to the people who come in and take the little
devils off your hands after you cant deal with it
anylonger. JR rescues are FULL to the max, these
people will tell you the truth about the breed--they
arent trying to sell you a cute puppy, they are trying
to keep you from buying a bundle of problems that they
need to deal with later. It takes a very dedicated and
PATIENT person to own a JR.

My vet no longer has his, they litterally demolished
the barn cat population, yet the rats lived on, You
cant have bunnies or small animals ie chickens,
ducklings, kittens, around, JRs just dont get it,
'LEAVE IT!" Is NOT in their mental makeup!  You are
constantly CONSTANTLY on guard for the lesser people
in your menagerie. Its nerve wracking to say the
least!!!!!1

My boyfriend has one now, a Parsons type, and I love
dogs, I would never do anything to hurt her, but I
really could just take her and shake her somedays!!!!!
She is the PartyPolice, in your face all the time,
tormenting my Deerhound, who has the patience of a
saint, thankgod, cause he could make mince meat of
her, she hangs on his tail, his beard, his mane, his
feet, she Yaps yaps yaps and did i say she YAPS!!! She
pests the cats, with intent to nip, and bite, and if
they show any fear whatso ever she really gets wound
up for blood.
She is an intense killing machine!!! and gets very
intent upon her supposed quary!! You can NOT sway her
short of putting her in a crate and listen to her
YAP!!

Call or email some rescues. Get the scoop on JRs real
personality. I'd sooner have a tiger cub, or start
living with Salukis again. And I thought THEY were
intense.. sheesh. goodluck.

Paula and Ginger-the most beautiful horse in Texas :)

--- Beth Bennett <endurance4me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry I'm late on reading all of my email and I
don't know who it was who is
contemplating getting one of these little vermine.
(I know I will offend
several people, but this is just my opinion and not
worth a whole lot.)

We HAD two of the longer legged type, short haired,
brother and sister.  The
sister Blossom is a sweet dog but quivers non-stop.
She's just too nervous.
  Also she has killed 3 cats.  I have no love for
her and barely any
humanity toward her whatsoever, and I am really a
TRUE animal lover.

Her brother (whose death I prayed for daily) finally
crossed Jordan this
past fall.  The entire family is happier, especially
our other dogs who he
just absolutely terrorized.  He was (as I believe it
was Lori Stewart said)
a thug in a clown suit.  What finally did it for me
was the following story:

I had taken my mare out alone for the first time,
pulling the trailer for
the first time, etc.  She was not a good loader and
I was always afraid I
would get to my destination and then not be able to
get her on the trailer.
Well, we had had a wonderful day, a great ride, she
hopped right in the
trailer, and we made it home in one piece.

When I went to unload her, just as she placed her
first foot on the ground,
from out of nowhere this little demon came and
attacked her, jumping up and
latching on to her hocks, dangling by his teeth.
Needless to say, she came
bolting out of the trailer.  He continued to hang on
while Paanache tried in
vain to kick at him.  I tried with all of my might
to keep hold of her and
to relieve my mare from the jaws of life.  Finally,
she whipped around and
he flung off.  My finger got twisted up in the lead
rope and popped,
eventually sending me to occupational therapy for 6
weeks (I typed for a
living too).  Paanache ran to the barn, which had a
15 foot hay trailer
loaded to the brim backed into it.  She ran between
the stall doors and the
hay trailer to the back of the barn, where she hit a
dead end.  K.O. (the
Jack Russel) chased her in the barn and again
attacked her hocks.  She was
surrounded by walls on three sides, and  had this
dog at her back.  After
collecting myself after being pulled to the ground,
I ran into the barn and
grabbed that little . . . and threw him as far as I
could.  Again, he came
at her.  It took bashing him with a 2x4 to stun him
enough to finally give
it up.  Paanache was bunched up under herself and
terrified.  I had to calm
her down enough to back her out 15 feet.  In the
meantime, she must have
stirred up a yellow jacket nest in the hay or under
the trailer, because I
got stung 3 times in the head and face and who knows
how many times she was
stung.  Finally I was able to get her into the
paddock and go to the house.
I went inside and got the '38 special, went back
outside, racked the slide,
and pulled on target (a little black and white
&*$%#^@*).  The only thing
that saved his life that day was my husband coming
outside and telling me
that it would do serious harm to our marriage if I
killed his dog.  Instead,
daily I turned to divine providence to release us
from this tyrany.
Finally, my long-awaited prayers were answered.

We still have Blossom.  She isn't as bad as she was
when her brother was
alive.  I don't have any plans to kill her, and I
only pray for her death
about once a week.

I would seriously reconsider investing ANY money in
one of these hell dogs.
The majority of them will end up costing you
something substantial in the
end.  For me it was a broken finger, 6 weeks in
occupational therapy ($20.00
copay x 12 visits, 2/week) several weeks of
discomfort at work, a few bee
stings, three cats, and a mare that would not load
for a long while.

Ahhhh, but I have been liberated!

Beth Bennett
Chickamauga, GA

Optimize your Internet experience to the max with
the new MSN Premium
Internet Software.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html