Re: [RC] [RC-Digest]dare to go bare - Truman Prevatt

Going back to something Angie said a few days ago,  slapping on shoes right before a ride is a big change. Putting on Easyboots just for a ride is a big change. In both cases you are adding a significant amout of weight to the end of a very long lever and it will impact the way the horse moves. In the case of easy boots the breakover is now defined by the boot not horse and that too can make a big difference in the way the horse moves. If they haven't trained that way - then can they ride that way for 50 miles?

I prefer to make minimal changes (none being the desired goal) between conditioning and ride day.  It sound good in theory to ride barefoot and then make a change for a "rocky ride," but this  is a huge change right before a ride.

Truman