Re: [RC] [RC-Digest]dare to go bare - Alice Yovich

I'm a NATRC rider who owns, but has not used the one easy boot I have. I was planning get get one more for her and then a couple for my daughter's pony, who is also barefoot.  Now, i'm wondering if I'd rather have the boa boot. I can not use it competition b/c it comes up too high on the leg, but honestly, when I've got to rides that were that rocky, I just went ahead and put shoes on for the ride. My mare has worn shoes for at most 6 weeks, three or four times. Alot of times I have the farrier put shoes on her at the ride (if my regular farrier, who comes every 6 week is on the wrong cycle for time) and then my regular farrier will pull them his next time that he comes, so she usually doesn't wear the shoes more than 3-4 weeks. I've also thought about having the easy boots for a ride and then getting the boa boots for training, but then I'm looking at a bunch of money.  I'm not a purist about shoes or barefoot. I just want to do what's best for my horse in any given situation.

PFC Alice