Re: [RC] "pound dog" mentality for horses? - Lif Strand

At 10:54 AM 9/5/2004, Gabi (Ra'anana Farm) wrote:
On the other hand, it is so rare that cheap horses win it from the $ horses, that it stands out, but does not proof they are equal?

No, it doesn't prove that they are *all* equal. The rare exception does not prove that they are equal at all, only that the possibility is there. All that it shows is that there is a *chance* that somewhere, sometime, and rarely, a cheap pound horse will win in some sport. But as Heidi has brought up, what if that cheap pound horse was actually a purebred QH that was better bred than the horse he beat?

As Sandy said, the source of the horse, where you got it, isn't the point. It's *what* you get that counts.

I know Truman is sick to death of this discussion, but I am finding that it is really refining our thoughts about what a successful endurance horse is. This "source" talk is just one aspect, of course, but it has been a very weak link in the chain of thought. I hope we can continue it and learn more.

   Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com
           Quemado NM USA