[RC] "pound dog" mentality for horses? - Tracey Smith

Truman, you are so right...I like your thinking!

Yes, the "pound dog" mentality (and that is not meant to be demeaning...I have it too) can spill over into horses too!

Both of my dogs are someone else's discards and are the sweetest dogs I have ever owned.  I also have a cat that is a rescue and he's an angel too.

So, I do tend to have the "pound dog" mentality and will look at a horse that has been rescued, or auctioned as having potential.   But I don't neccessarily think you are any more likely to be hurt by an auction horse than a high dollar well bred one...horses are unpredictable animals by nature and even the most well trained one can pull something goofy.

Glad to see someone else that thinks that way and I am sure your Mustang is an amazing athletic horse and hope to see him on the trails sometime.

Tracey