[RC] Horse landing unevenly - Karen Standefer

If your mare is trimmed correctly (balanced) and is still landing unevenly, then I would involve the vet.  Landing on one side or the other usually indicates there is pain somewhere.  That, coupled with your description of her movement would have me suspicious of hock or stifle problems.

Doing any correcting trimming/shoeing without understanding what is causing the pain could exacerbate the issue.

Karen

Referenced Post:
Hello all!  The mare I am currently riding lands unevenly on her right hind.  As she walks, she slightly swings her right hind out and then back in, landing on the outside of her hoof first.  How do we get this fixed?  I have discussed this with my farrier and he has a suggestion but I would like to read what all of your suggestions may be.  Thanks!
Amanda