Re: [RC] re: public image of the Arabian horse - Bette Lamore

For a long time we had an arrangement with a tour bus company that specialized in senior citizens. They would stop at our ranch and get out of the buses (many with canes or walkers) and we would put on a little show for them with my kids--- stallions--- different riding-- English, western... and answer questions--- BUT their FAVORITE part was when I would let them walk into the pasture with my mares and babies (yes it was a liability and I prayed my million dollar liability insurance would be enough.. ) but the risk was worth it just to see their eyes light up when touching the little foals and hugging the mares. Our living situation is not conducive to running that type of program now but I sorely miss it. Yes, I think the Discovery Farm program is a GREAT one and I look forward to the time when I can offer that service. Right now videos are the best that I can do.
Bette

Rae Callaway wrote:

AHA gives plenty of support for the Discovery Farm program.  I also signed
up for it and people who stop by the AHA website are given my name as a
place to visit and I'm sent an email from AHA stating that this person has
expressed interest.  I am then given their name and contact info, size of
their group and when they hope to come visit.  If they don't contact me on
their own, I contact them and have met many newcomers to the breed this way.
AHA not only sent me the sign, they sent me tons of brochures and pamphlets
about the Arabian to hand out.  How much more do you want them to do?
Shuttle people to your door?  Maybe you're just in an area that doesn't have
any interest in Arabians and that's why you've never received any response
and it's not AHA's fault at all.

Just something to think about
Rae
Tall C Arabians - Central Region