[RC] ay-rab reputation response to Heidi - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: pattypeck pattypeck85@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heidi wrote:
"Arab
gelding, won't stop, would make great endurance horse."  Yuck!  >Give me
the old-fashioned classic traditional SENSIBLE ones that stop >for water,
stop for food, and stop to take a nap at the vet checks!  Those >are the
ones that are still going at the finish line...

I have to say that I have just finished an arab mare on her first endurance
ride of 55 miles.  She is out of Heidi's stallion, "Junior".  She is the most
sensible horse I have EVER been on.  I have owned QH's, TB's, Appy's, Arabs,
Grades and ponies and have ridden many more including a fair amout of gaited
horses in 35 plus years of riding.  I had the very same "amount of horse" the
last mile as I did the first mile, she maintained what ever speed I asked of
her for miles and never once pulled on me.  She took impeccable care of herself
and of me as well.  She was amazing.  It's all true folks, the old breeding is
a "breed apart" from the modern show types.

all the tools we can use to keep our horses safe and
alive at the rides. Training/conditioning is one of the best tools
available. It makes us better horseman and women, it benefits our horses
and could quite possibly be the key to preventing most crashes.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm