Re: [RC] re: public image of the Arabian horse - Lif Strand

At 04:17 PM 6/18/2004, oddfarm wrote:
The AHR does have a program where registered owners can sign up to be "ambassadors" for the breed by having potential and new owners call and or visit to get to know the Arabian breed. I signed up for it, but have yet to hear from any one. I just make it a habit to promote Arabians every chance I get. As I am sure we all do :)

And there is another point. I signed up to be an "ambassador" years ago - got a fancy metal sign for my gate but that was it. I guess as ambassadors we are supposed to promote the breed all by ourselves, with no help from AHA. Of course, we do love our breed, so each of us is doing that after all - promoting Arabians with no big budget, no flash, no limelight, just good, doing horses that stand for everything the Arabian breed *truly* is about.

   Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com
           Quemado NM USA

Just because someone tells you that your horse isn't "fit" for
endurance...doesn't mean it isn't, it just means your horse isn't fit to be
"their" endurance horse! Go for it, you never know what you'll accomplish
with that "saddle horse" or "trail horse" of YOURS! ~ Darlene Anderson - DPD Endurance