Re: [RC] Letters to the World -- showing - Lif Strand

At 11:58 AM 6/18/2004, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
the numbers of people who come into contact with Arabians because
some friend who is a ride manager twisted their arm into coming to help at
a ride,

Now that is funny - and so very true! I enlisted some of my women's group friends who had never been to any horse event in their lives to help on the endurance ride I put on in 2001. I had them taking rider numbers at gates, timing, working as ride secretaries, hauling water, marking trail... and they all loved it. They asked a lot of questions, and for sure if any of them were thinking of getting a horse, after that, these women would have been inclined to get an Arabian - or at least some horse that could do distance work - because of it.

   Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com
           Quemado NM USA

Personally, I shouldn't give a s--- where the other people on the course
are, and if I find myself starting to concern myself over this, I remind
myself that this is the first step on the road to overriding my horse and
tell myself to "knock it off!"        :)
~  Kat Swigart