Re: [RC] [RC] appys - heidi

Some Appaloosa history buffs think that they did originate from the
early spanish horses.

No question about it.  And the Nez Perce who are trying to rejuvenate a
tribal interest in the breed are very frank about that.  They state
themselves that they got the original horses from the Blackfoots, who in
turn got them from tribes further south, originating from the Spanish
horses.  And virtually every reasonably-documented source I've seen agrees
with this.  (I've seen a lot of fantastic stories that don't--but none
that can actually document their sources.)

Heidi

Common sense should also be a part of the decision making process. If you
see someone who doesn't have any, hand them your tool box.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm