[RC] straight-load safety? - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Ray O'Donohue rno2m@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Brenderup says that in a wreck,the horse is typically better off in a
straight load situation.But then,that's the type of trailer they make. No doubt
there are a million variables to the question,and an infinite number of types
of wrecks,God forbid. I always wonder about the slant load being an uneven
work-load on the horse during the haul.I've got a big straight load,with a
chest bar,and Chico is on  bungee which slides freely side -to-side on a cable
stretched across the very front of the horse box just below the ceiling.He
moves around a lot as he sees fit,and of course stands at a slant much of the
time,unless he has another horse with him,which isn't very often.

year worth) most endurance riders are great people who
will go out their way to help and be friendly.
~  Laura Hayes