Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] appys - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

FAHR does NOT allow the grey gene, dun or buckskin, high white
markings or any Paint characteristics.

Curious: why no dun or dilute?  Because it makes the markings less "striking"?

Regarding the greying gene, how would you feel if you had a
beautiful, loud black leopard and as time passes he loses his spots?

I agree with you wholeheartedly that mixing appy & grey is an odd
thing to do (and I LOVE greys), but I've always wondered why this
aversion to how grey changes the visibility of the markings is
viewed so differently than how the progressive appy roan changes
whether the markings are visible or not?  Is it because appy roan
is an appy-only trait, whereas grey is not? Just curious.

~Nicole (love appy & grey, but not together)

There are 2 ways to win at this sport. You take a horse and race him for a
short time and then find a new horse or you can take one horse , do the
homework and spend many miles and years enjoying that horse.
~  Paddi Sprecher