Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] appys - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I may be wrong on this, but I think they won't register anything
with a grey gene or a grey parent, or something like that.

If that were the case, there are some pretty popular/well-known
appy lines that would have to be denied registration.  And those
are not related to Arabians, FWIW.  And, if they were acting on
grey *parents* when the individual itself was not grey, that would
only prove ignorance.

I'm not sure of the details of the new color rules, but they have
to do with the presence or abcence or appy coloration &
characteristics, nothing to do with grey.  Unless there is some
other new rule I haven't seen anything about (always possible
since I don't have appys, I just like 'em lots & would love to
breed some Arappaloosas someday).  I thought the new rule(s) were
brought into effect due to the appy show ring starting to look
just like a bunch of quarter horses, with nary an appy spot in
site...

~Nicole

...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton