[RC] Humidity & Sweating - rides2far

By the same token, I think horses > do
better when they can drink out of streams or springs that remain
somewhat> cool, or if the water truck just came around with a fresh
fill-up
for the> tanks, than they do if the water has been sitting there
several
hours in a> tank in the sunshine on a hot day...

Kaboot hates cold water. Hardly touches a stream, but give him a tire
track where the water is shallow and warm and he'll drink and drink and
drink! I did a triathlon and the guy handing out water had ice water...I
couldn't drink it but I will chug a lug room temp water...so I guess to
each his own. At least my horse and I are compatible. He and I both
handle heat and humidity very well...to the point that my students have
to beg me to turn on the air conditioner. :-)

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
If people would just think of the hoof as the foundation for the horse like
a house foundation.  when your horse plants his foot down in the ground and
pushes forward if the foot isn't 100% balanced your chances of injury go
up.
~  Paula Blair