[RC] Darolyn's 100 Mi. Advice - Darolyn Butler-Dial

Hi ride Campers,
1981 Tevis was my 1st 100 miler, & my 3rd ride ever, (I did my first ride
(50) in May in Texas, a Ca. ride (50) 3 weeks before Tevis .  I didn't have
a clue what I was attempting. The Californians that were coaching me had to
be having laughing fits, then when my husband at the time, Pat French was
talked into riding also (he'd never done a ride period) they must have had a
"heyday".... But, ignorance is bless & we finished 98th & 99th place, and
still didn't know what we had done.  I do remember the "pain" though.

Chuck Stally & Pam were instrumental in our training and leased me Ginger,
Pat Browning contributed greatly, Dick Barseleau (from whom we leased Pat's
horse) gave us the final & finishing touches days before the event.  Great
coincidence.... The magazine story that inspired me to try this event was
the one written by Lori Stewart regarding her win of 1980, 20 years later,
she was my coach at the 2000 World Championship, & Chuck was there as
Chef'd'Equip of Mexico... small .. Small world.

And yes, I did hallucinate, somewhere around the American River crossing,
duhhh I think... & I have in hundreds since, but not too much in the last
few years.  I attribute that to my taking the herbal supplement, KM, made by
Matol.  It replenishes potassium and has tons of other good natural herbs.
It has brought back multiple dehydrated customers here at our trail ride
business, & even more of my employees in the summer time.

I've shared it with fellow riders that were ready to give up or sick, sick,
sick, with heat prostration... Earl Baxter was cramping so bad during the
1992 N. American Championship he was ready to quit... I gave him a swig &
he, naturally, went on to beat me.  LOL
No kidding..  I would no more attempt a 100 miler w/o KM as I would ride w/o
a saddle.  This wasn't meant to be an advertisement, but if you want more
info on it, its on my web site, which is listed below.

Darolyn 105 "one hundred milers"  25,000 Miles of Competition    CeCi Butler
30 "one hundred milers"
Dare  (to Be Bare)  Barefooted That Is!
Darolyn Butler-Dial & Mark Dial
     CYPRESS TRAILS EQUESTRIAN CENTER & HORSEMAN VIDEO SHOWCASE
            Proven Endurance Horses for Sale or Lease.
Adventure Trail Rides * Boarding * Training*Lessons *Parties
Represents:   Sharon Saare Saddles, Professional Choice, Advanced Biological
Concepts,  & KM (Human Electrolytes)
ADVOCATE :THE WHOLE HORSE TRIM (Barefootin")
21415 Cypresswood Dr.  Humble, Texas 77338          Ph:  281 446 7232    Fax
281 446 0113  Toll Free (800) 228 8768
e mail:   darolynj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:darolynj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >
   Web Page Cypress Trails:     http://www.horseridingfun.com/