Re: [RC] [RC] Looking up previous owners - Maggie Mieske

Heidi is right...I started my gelding out in his mid teens, my first
endurance horse and he did just great though he was more of a completer than
a competer.  :)  I wouldn't mind using that race mare we got from Bonnie to
do some endurance...she has a huge floating trot, that one that all those
comp riders would kill for.  She's 14.  But she's a little "different" and I
think endurance might blow her mind!  :) When I get her to the end of the
driveway she starts getting really hyped up...well, we live on a dirt road
on a big curve and I imagine it looks all the world like a race track.  :)
But boy is she SMOOTH!  :)  I just don't know if she would ever settle into
a taking care of herself kind of horse...
Miles of smiles,
Maggie
http://arabianquest.com/samaha_arabians.htm
"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."
Christopher Reeve

Every horse can be taught to walk faster than you think.  It is one of the
most important qualities of a good riding horse.  Some have it naturally,
others need to learn. On the other hand, if you are riding a tired horse,
an easy jog is more efficient, covers more groumnd with less effort.  (it's
the rebound effect of the two beat trot)
~  Dot Wiggins