[RC] multi use trails - larry Miller

Had the chance to do a ride in MN on a multi use trail.  There were signs at the beginning of the trail and on the trail that everyone, hikers and bikers, had to defer to the horse.  Politeness always helps, keeping one's cool also helps.  But I was impressed that the MN Dept of Nat Res was smart enough to explain that horses came first.
The trail where my friend had to jump biker and bike was not an established multi use trail.  Both parties involved in that incident learned a bunch from each other.  Non horsey people do not understand how scared a horse can get or act.  As long as I am polite, I have not had any problems other than the guy who thought he should expose himself.  I was not impressed and neither was anyone else.  LOL Jeanie  PS  then there are those who throw their beer cans at you and your horse as you are moving out on the birm.  Takes all kinds doesn't it?