[RC] 100 miler list: "...remember this list when someone gives you advice and if they ain't on it.........nuff said" - A. Perez

nDurN wrote:
"Only one other thing to say...remember this list when someone
gives you advice and if they ain't on it.........nuff said...

Susan "

well dang, here I was about to pass on some thrush advise to
Kathy Ramspott, but I see that I am not on that there list so I
guess I don't know nuttin. Maybe I shouldn't eben ride a horse
until I've done a 100 miler... wait aminute, that won;t
work...dang, now I'm all confused!

;-)
;-)
;-)
;-)

;-)

This may not be the place to ask this but considering how many
folks here have so many more years experience then I do I wanted
to take advantage.  I have had horse folks look at a horse foot
and point to a black spot that is relatively small and say eh
oh, there is some thrush starting in here.  Then I can point to
some larger black area along the frog of my horses foot and ask
my farrier time and time again if it is thrush and he (who has
over 20 years professional riding and being a farrier and is
well respected by my vet) say oh no, that’s not thrush,
you’ll KNOW when it is thrush, it will be really really
strong smelling and oozing.

So which is it?  Do I treat any blackish area on the feet of my
horses with thrush medication or do I wait until I smell and see
oozing black gunk.  By the way, the books I read also describe
it as mushy blackness around the frog.

This has been making me crazy.  Any book recommendations are
always welcome.

Kathy R

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag
Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding.
~  Homer Saferwiffle